Stuffed Butternut Squash Recipe
Looking for a healthy, yet delicious recipe to try? This Stuffed Butternut Squash with Ground Beef and Kale is just the trick! Using in-season winter vegetables and Certified Piedmontese Grass Fed, Grass Finished Ground Beef; this recipe will fill you up in all the right ways!
· 2 small butternut squashes, cut in half and deseeded
· 4 cups packed kale, chopped
· 1/2 cup chopped onion
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
· 1 tablespoon lemon juice
· avocado oil, for greasing
· ¼ cup YumYum Sauce
· 1 tablespoon water
· 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 1-2 baking sheets with some avocado oil and salt and pepper on the flesh of butternut squash. Place cut side down and roast for 40-45 minutes until soft.
2. Make the sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk together. Add more water if needed. Set aside.
3. When there is 10 minutes left on the squash, make the beef. Heat a large well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add oil if needed. Once hot (about 1-2 minutes), add ground beef, salt, and pepper before breaking it up with the back of a large spoon. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add all the seasonings and onions. Lastly, add kale and cook for another 2-3 minutes until wilted and beef is cooked through and no pink remains.
4. Remove squash from oven and let cool a minute. Evenly distribute ground beef mixture over squashes and top with cinnamon sauce.