Peach Porter Sirloin and Risotto
Want to try a fresh new take on your Certified Piedmontese Sirloin cut? This steak accents the sweet flavors of the peach while balancing out the strong and warm flavors of the Porter Risotto.
For the Steaks:
2 - 8oz Certified Piedmontese Sirloins
Hickory Peach Porter rub from Spiceology
Grape Seed Oil
Apply rub to sirloins and let marinate for 1-8 hours. Then season with Salt and Pepper and a little grapeseed oil before grilling to your favorite temperature. Let rest before slicing.
For the Basil Oil:
2 Bunches of fresh Basil leaves
1 teaspoon of Redmond Real kosher salt
Blanch the basil in simmering water for 10 seconds, then move into ice water to set in the vibrant green color. Chill in fridge.
White peaches, halved, seasoned with salt and grilled
Chopped Italian Parsley and fresh lemon zest
For the Risotto:
2 cups Arborio rice (rinsed)
2 shallots, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3-4 cups chicken stock, kept warm in pot
1 bottle favorite porter (can just use chicken stock to keep it alcohol-free)
1 cup freshly shredded cheese (Aged white cheddar, Gouda, Havarti, etc.)
1. Sauté shallots and garlic in the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper on medium heat. Add the rinsed Arborio rice to the pan and toast for 2-3 mins.
2. Add in ½ the porter and stir with a wooden spoon until mostly absorbed, and add in second half of the porter and continue to stir.
3. Continue this cycle with the simmering chicken stock (1 cup at a time) until the rice is cooked (about 20-25 mins)
4. Melt in the cheese and season with generous salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
5. Add sliced sirloin over risotto and finish with your garnishes.
Get your Sirloins over on Piedmontese.com then enjoy this great new recipe!