3 Types of Certified Piedmontese Ground Beef with a Recipe Inside
Updated: Jun 10
There are three types of Certified Piedmontese Ground Beef, and each of them is great to use in any ground beef-based meal! With this post, we hope to help you find which type of ground beef is best for you, or best for your favorite recipes. Then at the end, there is a special ground beef recipe, to make with any of these options!
96/4 Ground Beef
Our 96% lean ground beef is not only exceptionally lean, it’s full of flavor and extremely versatile. With just 130 calories and 3.5 grams of fat per 4-ounce serving, it’s a healthier ground beef option that adds pure, beefy flavor to your home cooking menu. Part of the reason it is so lean is that it is made from our inside round subprimal (one of the leanest). Not only does that make it great, but using a whole subprimal means that 96/4 is ground steak! Nothing can be better than that!
85/15 Ground Beef
Certified Piedmontese 85% lean Ground Beef offers the perfect balance of beefy texture and succulent flavor. Make burgers of the highest quality or add a rich, meaty flavor to all sorts of recipes with all-natural Piedmontese ground beef. Our 85/15 holds the moisture of the meat well, meaningless cooks off and your meat is not left dry and gritty.
Certified Piedmontese Grass Fed, Grass Finished Ground Beef lends beefy flavor, juiciness, and all sorts of nutrients to burgers, chili, and more. You can trust that, like all Certified Piedmontese cattle, our grass fed, grass finished cattle are raised the right way on the Nebraska plains. These cattle give way for an even more nutrient-rich beef, because of the grass-only diet the cattle receive. Unlike other grass fed, grass finished beef the tenderness of Piedmontese beef comes through in giving a delicious taste and texture that is not found in other brands of grass fed beef.
Now to try out your Certified Piedmontese Ground Beef, we have a recipe for a Lightened Up Cheeseburger Wrap! This is the perfect way to make a healthy sandwich-type meal, one with lots of protein and it is warm for these winter months.
Lightened Up Cheeseburger Wrap
· 1 pound Certified Piedmontese ground beef (we used Grass Fed, Grass Finished)
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 5 medium wraps
· 5 slices cheddar cheese
· 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
· 1 cup of romaine lettuce
· Additional ketchup (optional)
· Mustard (optional)
· Mayo (optional)
1. In a medium to large skillet coated with cooking spray cook the beef on medium till almost cooked through but still a little pink (about 7-10 minutes) with the garlic and onion powder, and salt and pepper. Break beef up as it cooks.
2. Continue cooking until beef is cooked all the way through and is no longer pink.
3. In the upper-center of the wrap place a slice of cheese and ½ cup of the beef mixture. Add tomato and lettuce. Then, add some ketchup, mustard, and any other toppings you would like. Roll up and enjoy.
4. If you're using a grill pan, then heat it on medium-high. Once it is hot, roll the wrap and place the seam side down on the grill. Once there are grill marks turn over. Grill for another 2-3 minutes then remove.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the rest of the wraps.